- wants to maintain an association with the ILWU
- applies for membership
- supports and abides by the policies of the ILWU
- pays Associate Members fees
( the same as union dues).
Associate Members may be:
- former members laid off by ILWU companies
- disabled members unable to return to work
- spouses and relatives of ILWU members
- workers from ILWU organizing drives (unsuccessful or current)
- anyone that supports ILWU programs and principles
WHAT BENEFITS WOULD I RECEIVE AS AN ILWU ASSOCIATE MEMBER?
- The VOICE of the ILWU
The newspaper of the ILWU Local 142, featuring information on ILWU activities, viewpoints, current issues, and much more.
- An ILWU Associate Member Card identifying you as an ILWU Associate Member.
This means you are associated with the ILWU for non-collective bargaining purposes.
WHAT ARE SOME ACTIVITIES FOR ILWU ASSOCIATE MEMBERS?
ILWU Associate Members may participate in the union’s ongoing programs for political action, pensioners, and sports.
Those from defunct units are encouraged to maintain a group identity and develop their own activities.
WHAT ARE THE FEES FOR ILWU ASSOCIATE MEMBERS?
Fee will depend on your current status:
Membership must be renewed annually.
- Not employed……………..$12/year
HOW DO I JOIN?
Contact the Division Office on your island