Patronizing companies in collective bargaining with ILWU Local 142 supports our local economy and your brothers and sisters. This is vital to strengthening our economy and community. Without a healthy economy, our communities suffer because of the slowdown in economic activity which may lead to decreased household incomes or the loss of jobs. Therefore, please patronize these credit unions that negotiate fair contracts providing a high standard of living, health and retirement benefits for your brothers and sisters.
|Big Island Federal Credit Union|
66 Lono Street
Ph: (808) 935-9778
75-5737 Kuakini Hwy. Suite 101
Ph: (808) 329-8889
16-594 Kipimana Street
Ph: (808) 930-2600
A group of teachers formed the Big Island Teachers Federal Credit Union in 1936. It was the first chartered credit union in the State of Hawaii. In 2001, NCUA approved the change from an occupational-based charter to a community credit union with an island-wide charter.
Field of membership: Individuals must work and reside on the Big Island.
Hamakua Coast Community Federal Credit Union
28-490 Kaakepa Street
Ph: (808) 964-5566
Hamakua Coast Community CU has been serving the community of Pepeekeo, Hawaii since 1937 and has 5 full-time employees and 1 part-time employee. The CU has over 2,000 members and $15.9 Million in assets.
Field of membership:
- Persons who reside or work in that portion of the Island of Hawaii, State of Hawaii from Kawainui Gulch (Pepeekeo) to Kaula Gulch (Ookala)
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Employees of the credit union
- Member of the immediate family or household. Organizations of such persons who reside within the designated boundaries of the credit union field of membership
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from:
- a. Mauna Kea Agribusiness Company, Inc
- b. Papaaloa Sugar Company
- c. Pepeekeo Sugar Company, and
- d. Hilo Coast Processing Company
|Maui County Federal Credit Union|
270 Dairy Road, Suite 146
Ph: (808) 446-8698
1888 Wili Pa Loop
Ph: (808) 244-7968
Maui County Federal Credit Union was established in 1937 to serve the needs of County, State, and Federal Government Employees and their families.
Field of membership: Maui County-wide charter. Must work and reside in Maui County.
Maui Federal Credit Union
107 East Wakea Avenue
Ph: (808) 873-5050
Originally chartered in 1936 to serve the workers of Maui Pineapple Company.
Field of membership: Any employee of the following companies and their immediate family may join. Also, persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the following companies and their immediate family may join. Among them are:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Hotel
- Grand Wailea Resort
- Hale Makua
- Haliimaile Pineapple Company
- ILWU Members (Maui)
- Island Honda
- Kaiser (Maui)
- Kapalua Golf
- Liberty Dialysis (Maui)
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort
- Maui Beach Hotel
- Maui Land & Pineapple Co., Inc.
- Meadow Gold Dairies (Maui)
- Ritz Carlton Kapalua
- Sheraton Maui
- The Westin (Kaanapali Beach)
- The Westin (Kaanapali Ocean Resort)
- Tri-Isle Personal Care, Inc.
- Valley Isle Motors LTD.
Oahu Federal Credit Union
2219 Pauoa Road
Ph: (808) 521-6727
Field of membership: Individuals living or working in the area from Hawaii Kai to Mililani to Kapolei and down to Ewa Beach and all areas between are now eligible to join.
Onomea Federal Credit Union
27-251 Old Mamalohoa Hwy
Ph: (808) 964-1031
Originally chartered in 1939 to serve sugar plantation workers.
Field of membership: Almost everyone living in East and North Hilo and South Hawaii.
|Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union|
240 Lepoko Place
Ph: (808) 244-7354
34 Kupuohi Street, #102
Ph: (808) 667-2641
1650 Paahana Street
Ph: (808) 877-3232
Originally chartered in 1940 to serve the workers of Hawaiian Commercial & Sugar Company.
Field of membership: Anyone who lives or works on the island of Maui.