April 22, 2020
• The website will continue to be updated regularly, but will no longer compile a list of daily updates here.
April 21, 2020
• Added information on Love’s Bakery discount for ILWU members at Love’s Bakery Outlet Stores and encouragement to support Love’s ILWU members on “Announcements” page.
• Added announcement and link for updated HIDOE Grab and Go program flyer on “Announcements” page and “Public and Community Resources” page.
• Added issues to the “VOICE of the ILWU” page:
July/August 2019, September/October 2019, November/December 2019, January/February 2020, March/April 2020. Revised VOICE page layout.
• Added link to March/April 2020 VOICE of the ILWU to “Announcements” page, noting the message from the Local President Donna Domingo on page 2.
April 20, 2020
• Added links to COVID-19-related Proclamations by the Governor of the State of Hawaii with brief descriptions of what was covered by the proclamation.
• Added links to COVID-19-related Proclamations and Orders by the counties.
April 19, 2020
• Posted link to ACTIVATE HAWAI‘I AID, providing COVID-19 Emergency Assistance for Hawaii Island.
April 18, 2020
• Posted information and link to a Free Community Meal “Drive-Thru” Service for Paauilo community members that is being held on Tuesdays at St. Columba’s Church. Meal pick-up is from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; first come, first served.
April 17, 2020
• Posted Hawaii State Department of Human Services (DHS) announcement on expansion of eligibility for Child Care Connection Hawaii (CCCH) subsidies on “Announcements” page. Included link to press release, link to contact information, link to application form, and link to DHS Stateswide Essential Childcare List for essential workers.
April 16, 2020
• Posted new DLIR email addresses for specific issues on “Announcements” page with information on what documentation to submit when you email the DLIR. Also posted to the “What You Need to Know When Filing for Unemployment Insurance” page.
Workers who need their claim backdated:
Workers who have been disqualified:
Workers who need language assistance:
April 15, 2020
• Posted HomeStreet Bank mortgage advice for community members.
• Updated longshore company names on Longshore Industry page and Alphabetical Listing page.
• Added Foodland COVID-19 policies for customers on “Announcements” page.
• Started adding separators to “Where We Work” sub-menu pages.
• Added IRS “Get My Payment” webtool link to “Announcements.”
• Updated “Guide for New Members” from 2013 to 2019 version.
• Added sub-menu items under “About” main menu item.
• Made corrections to the “Organizing” page.
April 14, 2020
• Updated “What You Need to Know When Filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits” with information on State UI website new feature: check claim your status without logging in.
• Updated “What You Need to Know When Filing for Unemployment” page with information about how temporarily laid-off members can file an intial claim using the new webform. They must select “Still Employed” on the webform as the reason for separation in order to be assigned the correct status.
• Posted link to Honolulu Star Advertiser article on Oahu face mask requirement starting Monday, April 20.
• Updated main menu items; linked sub-menu items to main menu.
April 13, 2020
• Shared HMSA press release about waiver of prior authorizations for medically necessary COVID-19 tests and services, waiver of early refill limits on 30-day prescriptions, and expanding telehealth.
April 12, 2020
• Posted link to Honolulu Star-Advertiser “Where to Purchase or Find a Face Mask in Hawaii,” article.
April 10, 2020
• Updated “What You Need to Know When Filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits” with critical information for members who are on temporary layoff. You must use the “old” method to file your initial claim instead of the new webform. A complete explanation and step-by-step instructions are now posted on the “Unemployment” page linked above.
• Added photos of Local Vice President Corinna Salmo Nguyen and Secretary-Treasurer Brian Tanaka to the “Local” Contact page.
• Added Legislative Representative Jason Bradshaw to the list of Local professional staff on the “Local” Contact page.
• Added information and link to an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) news release dated April 10, 2020 about the IRS starting to deposit stimulus payments next week if you filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019 and chose the direct deposit option for receiving a refund. (Deposits actually started 4-9-20.) A web tool to help you track the status of your payment is expected to be available by April 17, 2020. Added link for tax NON-FILERS to enter your payment information, so that they can receive stimulus payment, too.
• Added link to article “What the Hell Is Going on at Trader Joe’s?”
by Jenny G. Zhang for Eater, www.eater.com about Trader Joe’s unacceptable treatment of employees, who are now fighting back by organizing.
• Added link to Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus by Malaka Gharib for NPR, www.npr.org, a strait-forward, truthful, but reassuring web comic that members can share with questioning or frightened children on the “News” page.
April 9, 2020
• Changed website fonts, background colors, links, highlight colors to help make the site easier to view and read. Added page separators between items.
• Moved Senator Schatz resources link to “Coronavirus and COVID-19 Information” page.
• Changed “VOICE” main menu item to a sub-menu under main menu item “News.”
April 8, 2020
• Updated “What You Need to Know When Filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits” page with a link to an interview by Annalisa Burgos of KITV with Hawaii Dept. of Labor Director Scott Murakami, “Hawaii’s labor director answers your questions about filing for unemployment.”
April 7, 2020
• Updated DOE “Grab and Go” link to current schedule put out on April 6, 2020.
April 6, 2020
• Added a link to “Announcements” page—KHON-TV’s list of where to buy face masks from local retailers.
• Added an article by Joanne Kealoha on “How to Manage Your Money (When You’re Unemployed)” to the “Finances, Housing, Taxes and How to Manage Your Money” page.
April 5, 2020
• Updated “What You Need to Know When Filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits” page with a direct link to the DLIR webform. (The original link provided by the DLIR connects to the main UI page, and instructions are given on how to reach the webform.)
• Added link to the Honolulu Star Advertiser’s April 5 2020 Kokua Line column that answers the question on whether “gig” workers can apply for unemployment.
• Updated the “Coronavirus and COVID-19 Information” page with the CDC’s new recommendation to use non-medical grade face masks while out in public.
April 3, 2020
• Replaced ILWU Food Bank Flyer with an updated version.
• Added “Free Food Drop-Off for Kupuna & the Community at Na Kupuna Makamae Center” flyer and information.
• Added link to Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz’s “Resources for Hawaii During the the Coronavirus Pandemic” page. The page is a comprehensive clearinghouse for federal government resources.
• Added Industry News pages under the Main Menu “News” section.
• Added ADRC Food Resources Guide (COVID-19 Supplement) PDF to “Find Public and Community Resources” page.
April 2, 2020
• Added the link “NEW! ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR ILWU MEMBERS” to the top of the home page. Added new main menu item for same. The link and menu item is where new and breaking announcements from the ILWU, government, and private organizations will be posted. The same information, if of on-going relevance, will also be posted to topic pages also.
• Added link for Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.’s (MEO) Hawaii Emergency Laulima Partnership (H.E.L.P.) program. This program is for Maui residents who need financial assistance due to layoff, reduction of hours, or loss of income due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
• Created new page “Taking Care of Your Health.” Posted HMSA information on waiving payment for COVID-19 treatment and services, including links to HMSA’s COVID-19 alert information page and article on COVID-19 Coverage Changes.
• Added KP lastest information on coronavirus email sent out to members on “Taking Care of Your Health” page and link to KP website coronavirus/COVID-19 page.
April 1, 2020
• Corrections made to Maui Division BA assignments; deleted incorrect company names and added Cyrus Kodani as the BA assigned to Unit 2520 – Grand Wailea Resort.
• Changed finances page to include housing; added information on the State Office of Consumer Protection releasing a “Landlord Tenant FAQ” with a link to the OCP questions and answers.
• Included link to First Hawaiian Bank Financial Assistance Request Form on Finances, Housing, Taxes, and Managing Your Money page.