June 17, 2020 UPDATE: Members have access to their union halls—but must follow guidelines meant to protect both members and ILWU employees from COVID-19 transmission.
• Call before you enter the building.
• Don’t forget to bring your photo I.D. and a mask.
• Everyone is required to fill out a quick three-question survey on symptoms, contacts, and travel.
• If you are sick, you will be asked to re-schedule.
• Everyone must sanitize their hands and wear a face mask upon entry, and maintain social distancing while in the union hall.
• You will be asked to sign in to identify who you are seeing and the purpose of your meeting.
• The ILWU will hold on to your I.D. while you are in the building and return it when you exit in order to keep track of visitors.
• Posters with the information above are posted outside the union hall. If you need more information, call your Division office or your Business Agent.
March 30, 2020 UPDATE: If you are not sure who your Business Agent (BA) is but need to contact him or her directly, click HERE for an alphabetical list of ILWU companies. Find your company—and your BA’s name will be listed next to the company name.
March 26, 2020 UPDATE: All ILWU Offices will remain open, and your officers and staff will continue the important work of representing you. In order to limit the spread of COVID-19, our front doors will be closed to the public, but ILWU members will have access to their union hall via appointment. Please call your Business Agent or Division office if you need face-to-face assistance.
The main office of Hawaii Division is in Hilo at 100 West Lanikaula Street. The Hawaii Division also has an office in Kona, Kaiwi Square, 74-5565 Luhia Street, C5. These offices are open as needed for meetings and other activities.
You can usually reach Elmer Gorospe Sr., Jennifer Yadao, and George Martin at the Hilo Office, which is also staffed by Division Clerk Ann Chong. Michael Dela Cruz, Roselyn Molina and Tristie Licoan work out of the Kona Office, which is staffed by Senior Clerk Sui Ling Poy. You can also phone or email your business agent directly. Check with your Unit Chair who usually has the business agent’s e-mail, or see the list below for theirs cell phone number.
The Hawaii Division Executive Board meets monthly at 6:00 pm. Contact our offices for specific dates and locations.
100 West Lanikaula Street
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
PHONE: (808) 935-3727
FAX: (808) 961-2490
74-5565 Luhia Street, C5
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
PHONE: (808) 329-2070
FAX: (808) 331-2571
Elmer Gorospe, Sr.
Michael Dela Cruz • (808) 825-9201
Tristie Licoan • (808) 319-0763
George Martin • (808) 960-3516
Roselyn Molina • (808) 217-5499
Jennifer Yadao • (808) 640-1869
Division Clerk I
Christy Sui Ling Poy