June 17, 2020 UPDATE: Members have access to their union halls—but must follow guidelines meant to protect both members and ILWU employees from COVID-19 transmission.
• Call before you enter the building.
• Don’t forget to bring your photo I.D. and a mask.
• Everyone is required to fill out a quick three-question survey on symptoms, contacts, and travel.
• If you are sick, you will be asked to re-schedule.
• Everyone must sanitize their hands and wear a face mask upon entry, and maintain social distancing while in the union hall.
• You will be asked to sign in to identify who you are seeing and the purpose of your meeting.
• The ILWU will hold on to your I.D. while you are in the building and return it when you exit in order to keep track of visitors.
• Posters with the information above are posted outside the union hall. If you need more information, call your Division office or your Business Agent.
March 30, 2020 UPDATE: If you are not sure who your Business Agent (BA) is but need to contact him directly, click HERE for an alphabetical list of ILWU companies. Find your company—and your BA’s name will be listed next to the company name.
March 26, 2020 UPDATE: All ILWU Offices will remain open, and your officers and staff will continue the important work of representing you. In order to limit the spread of COVID-19, our front doors will be closed to the public, but ILWU members will have access to their union hall via appointment. Please call your Business Agent or Division office if you need face-to-face assistance.
About 2,000 ILWU members live and work on the Garden Island. Over half of them work in the tourism industry, with the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa being the largest employer of ILWU members on the island. The second largest employer is Princeville Resort, followed by Wilcox Memorial Hospital, Kauai Coffee Company, The Point at Poipu, and Foodland Super Market, Ltd.
The Kauai Division Executive Board Meeting starts at 5:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday every month at the ILWU Hall in Lihue.
Kauai Division Office
4154 Hardy Street
Lihue, Hawaii 96766
PHONE: (808) 245-3374
FAX (808) 246-9508
Chad Pacheco • (808) 278-2773
Davin “Kai” Lopez • (808) 631-2446
Division Clerk I