June 17, 2020 UPDATE: Members have access to their union halls—but must follow guidelines meant to protect both members and ILWU employees from COVID-19 transmission.
• Call before you enter the building.
• Don’t forget to bring your photo I.D. and a mask.
• Everyone is required to fill out a quick three-question survey on symptoms, contacts, and travel.
• If you are sick, you will be asked to re-schedule.
• Everyone must sanitize their hands and wear a face mask upon entry, and maintain social distancing while in the union hall.
• You will be asked to sign in to identify who you are seeing and the purpose of your meeting.
• The ILWU will hold on to your I.D. while you are in the building and return it when you exit in order to keep track of visitors.
• Posters with the information above are posted outside the union hall. If you need more information, call your Division office or your Business Agent.
March 30, 2020 UPDATE: If you are not sure who your Business Agent (BA) is but need to contact him directly, contact the Division you will be connected with the appropriate officer.
March 26, 2020 UPDATE: All ILWU Offices will remain open, and your officers and staff will continue the important work of representing you. In order to limit the spread of COVID-19, our front doors will be closed to the public, but ILWU members will have access to their union hall via appointment. Please call your Business Agent or Division office if you need face-to-face assistance.
The Hawaii Longshore Division shares their phone number with the main switch board of the Honolulu ILWU Office. Longshore members should ask for the Longshore Division. Executive Secretary Lynette Mau will direct you to your business agent.
Hawaii longshore members voted to form a separate division and elect their officers in December 2009. Before that, longshore members were part of their island divisions. The Longshore Division operates statewide and includes all longshore units and their members on all islands. The Division is still part of ILWU Local 142 but operates more independently under special provisions of the ILWU Local 142 Constitution and Bylaws
Hawaii Longshore Division Office
451 Atkinson Drive
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814
PHONE: (808) 949-4161
FAX (808) 941-9298
William “Baba” Haole IV
Vice Division Director