June 17, 2020 UPDATE: Members have access to their union halls—but must follow guidelines meant to protect both members and ILWU employees from COVID-19 transmission.
• Call before you enter the building.
• Don’t forget to bring your photo I.D. and a mask.
• Everyone is required to fill out a quick three-question survey on symptoms, contacts, and travel.
• If you are sick, you will be asked to re-schedule.
• Everyone must sanitize their hands and wear a face mask upon entry, and maintain social distancing while in the union hall.
• You will be asked to sign in to identify who you are seeing and the purpose of your meeting.
• The ILWU will hold on to your I.D. while you are in the building and return it when you exit in order to keep track of visitors.
• Posters with the information above are posted outside the union hall. If you need more information, call your Division office or your Business Agent.
March 30, 2020 UPDATE: If you are not sure who your Business Agent (BA) is but need to contact him or her directly, click HERE for an alphabetical list of ILWU companies. Find your company—and your BA’s name will be listed next to the company name.
March 26, 2020 UPDATE: All ILWU Offices will remain open, and your officers and staff will continue the important work of representing you. In order to limit the spread of COVID-19, our front doors will be closed to the public, but ILWU members will have access to their union hall via appointment. Please call your Business Agent or Division office if you need face-to-face assistance.
The main office of Maui Division is in Wailuku at 896 Lower Main Street. The Maui Division also has an office in Lahaina at 840 Wainee St. Unit #E4, and on Lanai at 840 Ilima Avenue. The Lahaina and Lanai offices are open as needed or as requested for meetings and other activities.
Maui is the largest Division in the ILWU with nearly 5,500 members. Maui Division includes Molokai and Lanai which requires travel among the islands to service members.
Most of Maui’s ILWU members work in the tourism industry, with Grand Wailea Resort being the largest employer of ILWU members. The second largest employer is the Hyatt Regency Maui, followed by the Four Seasons Resort Lanai.
The Maui Division Executive Board Meeting starts at 6:00 pm on the third Wednesday every month at the ILWU Hall on Lower Main Street in Wailuku.
896 Lower Main Street
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
PHONE: (808) 244-9191
FAX: (808) 244-7870
Roberto “Bobby” Andrion, Jr.
Charles Andrion • 808-359-1728
Emmanuel Baltazar • (808) 446-6830
Teddy Espeleta • (808) 870-4167
Cyrus Kodani • (808) 446-9634
Steven J. Lee • (808) 359-8558
John Simpliciano • (808) 366-1747
Stephen West • (808) 359-3964
Division Clerk I
Division Clerk II